The policy of the Journal is determined by its goals and objectives
The journal “Ecosystem transformation” is guided in its activity to solve a wide range of problems. Priority is given to materials covering the following issues:
1) biological diversity, quantitative and structural characteristics, description, observation and assessment of the state of populations and communities;
2) identification of key environmental factors;
3) development and approbation of bioindication methods for the state of natural systems, as well as anthropogenic techno-, agro- and urban ecosystems;
4) development and approbation of ecotoxicological research methods;
5) pathways of arrival and migration of potentially dangerous compounds in the environment;
6) the effect of natural and non-environmental substances on organisms, populations and communities;
7) analysis of the state of organisms, populations and communities in protected and anthropogenically disturbed territories of different regions of the world.
The magazine publishes reviews and original articles, as well as brief reports, book reviews, information on symposiums, conferences, congresses.
All articles are published in Russian and English (translations are made either by a professional translators or the authors themselves). The editorial staff is focused on the rapid publication of materials: in case of a positive review, the articles are immediately published in electronic form on the journal’s website, without waiting for the next issue to be filled for the printed version. The approximate period of online publication is
All articles pass the process of mandatory review by the scientific editor of the journal and two external reviewers (according to the double-blind review scheme). Materials should be original, never published anywhere. All manuscripts must be checked in anti-plagiarism systems.
Open Access Policy
The magazine provides immediate open access to its content. Full-text electronic versions of articles and all other published materials are posted freely on the official website of the journal on the Internet (www.ecosyst.trans.ru) from the moment the issue was published.
Disclosure policy and conflicts of interest
The editors of the journal “Ecosystem transformation” urge authors to disclose relationships with industrial and financial organizations that can lead to conflict of interests. All sources of funding should be indicated by the authors in the body of the article.
Unpublished data obtained from the manuscripts submitted for consideration can not be used in personal research without the written consent of the author.
Information or ideas received during the review and related to possible benefits should be kept confidential and not used for personal gain.
Reviewers should not participate in the consideration of manuscripts in the event of conflicts of interest due to competitive, joint and other interactions and relationships with any of the authors, companies or other organizations associated with the work submitted.